Audio Bandpass Filter Circuit Diagram
Reviewed by: Lily
On: 25 Jul, 2014
Viewed:1,202 times - 1 hour, 46 minute, 10 second ago
Downloaded: 1 times - 6 year, 100 day, 8 hour, 35 minute, 6 second ago
Easy Audio Bandpass Filter Kit
Description and Specifications
The Audio Frequency Band Pass Filter kit from qrpkits.com provides A basic audio filter kit with preamp, op-amp filter and LM386 audio ...
Easy Audio Bandpass Filter Kit
Description and Specifications
The Audio Frequency Band Pass Filter kit from qrpkits.com provides A basic audio filter kit with preamp, op-amp filter and LM386 audio amp to drive headphones or speaker. It has a peak in audio response that is tunable from approximately 300Hz to 2Khz and has a bandwidth of approximately 500Hz. It is designed to provide improved audio filtering and amplification to CW reception or other devices that may not have sufficiently narrow bandwidth. The kit may be powered from 9-12Vdc.
- Temperature Controlled Soldering Station with small tip or 15-35 watt soldering iron with small tip.
- Solder 60/40 or 63/37 Tin-Lead
- Small Diagonal Cutters
- Small Needle Nose Pliers□Pencil, Pen, and/or Highlighter
- BRIGHT work light
- Magnifying headpiece or lighted magnifying glass.
- Solder Sucker or Solder Wick
- Small multi-blade Screw Driver
- Knife or Wire Stripper□Small Ruler
- Cookie Sheet to build in and keep parts from jumping onto the floor
- There is no need to print out the whole assembly manual unless you want a copy. Print theParts List and Schematic (last two pages) then view the rest of the manual on a computer, laptop, or tablet.
- The Parts List has columns for inventory and construction.
- Please take time to inventory the parts before starting. Report any shortages to QRPKITS.com (In many cases it may be faster and cheaper to pull a replacement from your parts supply, but please let us know if we missed something.)
- There is no need to print out the whole assembly manual unless you want a copy. Print the Pre-sorting the resistors and capacitors can speed up the assembly and reduce mistakes.
- You can insert several parts at a time onto the board. When you insert a part bend the leads over slightly to hold the part in place, then solder all at the same time. Clip the leads flush.
- Most parts should be mounted as close to the board as possible. Transistors should be mounted about 1/8” above the board. Solder one lead on ICs or IC sockets and then check to make sure the component is flush before soldering the remaining leads.
- Use a Temperature Controlled Soldering Station with small tip or 15-35 watt soldering iron with small tip. Conical or very small screw driver tips are best.
- DO NOT use a large soldering iron or soldering gun.
- If you are a beginner, new to soldering, there are a number of resources on the web to help you get on the right track soldering like a pro.
Note: This is a general guide. The parts supplied in the kit may vary slightly in appearance fromthose shown in this photo and not all parts included in the kit are shown.
Inventory and Parts List
The first column is for inventory of parts and the second is to track as they are installed
Inserting the Parts
Sort the resistors by value insert them smallest value first, largest value last. There are 3 - 10K resistors and one of each of the others. Be sure to check the color code for each resistor as you install. [Measuring with an Ohm meter is a good idea].
- R14 10 brn-blk-blk-gold
- R5 100 brn-blk-brn-gold
- R17 330 org-org-brn-gold
- R9 430 yel-org-brn-gold
- R8 470 yel-vio-brn-gold
- R6 10K brn-blk-org-gold
- R7 6.8K blu-gry-red-gold
- R10 10K brn-blk-org-gold
- R4 15K brn-grn-org-gold
- R11 100K brn-blk-yel-gold
- R3 100K brn-blk-yel-gold
- R1 3220K red-red-yel-gold
Next insert the molded capacitors. There are 3 - 0.01uF, 2 - 0.1uF, and 1 - 0.33uF. The 0.01uF and 0.1uF capacitors look very similar, double check the markings.
- C9 0.01uF 103
- C12 0.01uF 103
- C14 0.01uF 103
- C3 0.1uF 104
- C4 0.1uF 104
- C7 0.33uF 0.33K
Now insert the electrolytic capacitors. These capacitors are polarized. The negative lead is marked with a black bar on the side of the capacitor.
- C1 10uF 10uF
- C6 10uF 10uF
- C8 10uF 10uF
- C10 10uF 10uF
- C13 10uF 10uF
- C2 47uF 47uF
- C15 100uF 100uF
- C16 100uF 100uF
Now install Q1 the 2N5088 transistor. Follow the layout orientation on the board. The flat sideof the transistor should match the flat side of the diagram.
- Q1 2N5088
Next install the two IC sockets and the ICs. Make sure the orientation notch on the IC matches the orientation notch on the circuit board.
The last 2 parts to install are the two potentiometers. The A10K and B10K identification marks are on the back of the pots and are a bit difficult to read. Use lots of light. Be sure that the B10K pot goes in the spot for R1 and the A10K goes in the location for R2 on the circuit board.
- R110K Linear Pot (B)B10K
- R210K Audio Pot (A)A10K
Hooking Up the Audio Frequency Band Pass FilterThe ABPF requires 8 - 12V DC. The power may be supplied from a companion kit, a small power supply, or a 9V battery using the battery clip that is included in the kit. If using an AC operated supply, it should be well regulated and filtered to prevent hum or othernoise being added to the audio. An inline fuse of 1A or less is recommended when an AC power supply or 12V battery is used.
Due to the many possible configurations, audio Input and output connections are also left up to the builder. The AFBPF may be wired directly into a receiver or speaker cabinet. Alternatively, the included jacks installed and 3.5mm plugs may be used for input and output connections. The kit is capable of directly driving a small speaker.
When the kit is first powered after assembly, it is recommended to use a battery or conenct an inline fuse or a power supply with the current limited to approximately 100-200mA to prevent damage if there are shorts. If you notice large power draw, stop and go back and inspect the board for any shorts or components installed incorrectly.
When the kit is first powered, you should hear static in the speaker or headphones that varies as the volume control is turned. If not, recheck the board for shorts and component errors.
If you have passed this step, you can connect an input audio signal from a receiver or other source of CW signals and you should hear the signal through the output. Moving the tuning knob will place the peak response on the chosen signal.
Packaging is left up to the builder. The AFBPF can be built into another kit, or radio cabinet, installed in a speaker cabinet, or installed into a case.
R1 on the left side of the board is the tuning adjustment, tune to the desired listening frequency by peaking the audible sound on the chosen signal. This will have the affect of amplifying the desired signal while attenuating signals that differ in frequency.
R2 located on the right side of the board is the volume adjustment. Adjust for a comfortable listening level.
If the signals sound distorted, this is likely due to too much audio signal on the input. Reduce the input audio level from the source until the signals sound clean.
This is a simple kit and if assembled correctly, it should work without any problems but problems do occasionally happen.If the kit fails to work, there are a few things to check.
- Verify power supply voltage is at least 8V at the power input.
- Recheck component values, locations and orientations to be sure everything is installedcorrectly.
- Inspect the board for any missed solder joints, joints that may have not been heated sufficiently or for shorts between adjacent component pads.
- Reheat any suspect solder connections.
- Check input and output connectors for correct wiring.If these tests do not resolve the problem, contact us at: email@example.com for further assistance.
Tags related to Audio Bandpass Filter #band pass filter circuit #bandpass filter calculator #band pass filter circuit diagram #band pass filter transfer function #band pass filter equation #band stop filter band pass filter pdf active #bandpass filter calculator
This is a very simple, low cost, Hi-Fi quality power amplifier. You can build it 5 ways, like its shown in the table (from 20 W to 80 W RMS).
- The first thing that you must do, is t...
This circuit, connected with 32 Ohms impedance mini-earphones, can detect very remote sounds. Useful for theatre, cinema and lecture goers: every word will be clearly heard. You can also listen to ...
How to build FET Audio Mixer
This simple circuit mixes two or more channels into one channel (eg. stereo into mono). The circuit can mix as many or as few channels as you ...
This is high fidelity, high quality 25W HiFi audio amplifier circuit delivers great audio performance. You don’t need pre amplifier circuit for this design since it can be directly connected ...
This circuit turns-off an amplifier or any other device when a low level audio signal fed to its input is absent for 15 minutes at least.
Pushing P1 the device is switched-on feeding any appli...
Portable Headphone Amplifier Circuit Based 3 Transistors
his simple headphone amplifier circuit can be directly connected to other compact devices such as CD player, W...
As the fastest growing demand of circuit and wiring diagram for automotive and electronics on internet based on different uses such as electronic hobbyists, students, technicians and engineers than we decided to provide free circuit and wiring diagram base on your needed.
To find circuit and wiring diagram now a day its easy. E-learning through internet as a right place to search an exact circuit and wiring diagram of your choice and it's much fun and knowledgable. On internet you will find thousands of electronic circuit diagrams some are very good designed and some are not. So you have to modify them to make them according to your needs but some circuits are ready to make and require no changes.
There are many categories of circuit and wiring diagrams like automotive, audio circuits, radio & RF circuits, power supply circuits, light circuits, telephone circuits, timer circuits, battery charger circuits etc. There are many types of circuit and wiring diagrams some are very easy to build and some are very complicated, some are so small and some contain huge list of parts.
We provides free best quality and good designed schematic diagrams our diagrams are free to use for all electronic hobbyists, students, technicians and engineers. We also provides a full educational system to students new to electronics. If you are new to electronics you are a student or a electronic hobbyist and want to increase your knowledge in electronics or want to understand electronics in a very easy way so this is the right place for you we provide electronics beginner guide tutorials to easily understand complicated electronic theory. Our mission is to help students and professionals in their field.